The use of mobile devices like smartphones and tablets has increased rapidly and they have overtaken the desktop as the primary method of accessing the web. With users accessing the Internet via smartphones and tablets, rather than a desktop computer, the importance of having a mobile-friendly website becomes paramount.
Below I listed 8 reasons why you should have a fully responsive website:
- Your competitors will probably have mobile friendly sites, which business do you think visitors will buy from when browsing on their phone.
- You can reach a wider audience responsive sites make sharing content easier visitors are more likely to share you on their social platforms. Giving you more exposure.
- Mobile sites rank higher with Google meaning you will appear higher in the search results an easy and free way to rank higher. If Google finds your site is hostile to mobile users you’re definitely going to lose rank.
- In this instant age with short attention spans a responsive site will load quicker and keep a visitor’s attention if you have a site that takes ages to load visitors will click off in an instant. More than half your visitors will leave if your site doesn’t load in 3 seconds!
- A mobile friendly site will give visitors and much better online experience a visually appealing and enjoyable interaction with your company. If navigation is easy, and the site loads easily, text is easy to read and fits well into the small screen visitors will enjoy browsing.
- Customers viewing on their mobiles will have easy access to your contact details when they need them, don’t make it difficult for them to contact you.
- 57% of browsers would not recommend a business with a bad mobile site.
- 40% of browsers will turn to a competitor’s site straight after a bad mobile experience. Thank you for reading, I hope you found this blog useful!
With users accessing the Internet via smartphones and tablets, rather than a desktop computer, the importance of having a mobile-friendly website becomes paramount.
8 reasons to have a responsive website
Written By Kim Burrage
Managing Director at Trident
SEO consists of multiple strategies, actions, and best practices, all of which have the goal of improving your website’s position in search engines. This is why it’s called search engine optimisation. Here’s why SEO is so important for a business. SEO is important for...
You might hear the term website traffic and wonder “what is website traffic?”. It certainly isn’t vehicles driving on your website, so what is website traffic and what does it mean for your business? Website traffic is the people visiting your website Broadly...